- About Ferroglobe +
- Business areas +
- Products +
- Investors +
History of Les Clavaux
Les Clavaux factory was built in 1898 by Compagnie Universelle d'Acétylène and during its history it has produced different types of ferroalloys and silicon alloys.
However, since 1980 it is specialized in the production of Silicon Metal, based on the carbothermal reduction of quartz.
The factory is situated in Gavet, in the valley of La Romanche, l´Isère Province; at 140 km from Geneva and Lyon.